Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Thu June 30, 2011
Convention Centers see more traffic
Convention Centers in Michigan are starting to emerge from the recession and see more traffic. The Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Detroit’s Cobo Center are also renovating their spaces and improving their services. Thom Connors is General Manager at Cobo Center. He says the convention industry took a hit in 2008, but he sees a new trend.
We’re seeing an increase in our pipeline of potential activity in the corporate sector. We have had seven leads within the last month-in-a-half of corporate businesses whether that’s shareholder’s meetings, sales meetings or corporate annual meetings.
Connors says the positive trend and increase in traffic are also being fueled by good news in Southeast Michigan and its recent success in the auto industry. He says people are attracted to areas that are doing well.