Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Thu June 30, 2011
Convention Centers see more traffic
Convention Centers in Michigan are starting to emerge from the recession and see more traffic. The Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Detroit’s Cobo Center are also renovating their spaces and improving their services. Thom Connors is General Manager at Cobo Center. He says the convention industry took a hit in 2008, but he sees a new trend.
We’re seeing an increase in our pipeline of potential activity in the corporate sector. We have had seven leads within the last month-in-a-half of corporate businesses whether that’s shareholder’s meetings, sales meetings or corporate annual meetings.
Connors says the positive trend and increase in traffic are also being fueled by good news in Southeast Michigan and its recent success in the auto industry. He says people are attracted to areas that are doing well.