Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
Thu June 30, 2011
Convention Centers see more traffic
Convention Centers in Michigan are starting to emerge from the recession and see more traffic. The Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Detroit’s Cobo Center are also renovating their spaces and improving their services. Thom Connors is General Manager at Cobo Center. He says the convention industry took a hit in 2008, but he sees a new trend.
We’re seeing an increase in our pipeline of potential activity in the corporate sector. We have had seven leads within the last month-in-a-half of corporate businesses whether that’s shareholder’s meetings, sales meetings or corporate annual meetings.
Connors says the positive trend and increase in traffic are also being fueled by good news in Southeast Michigan and its recent success in the auto industry. He says people are attracted to areas that are doing well.