Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed July 30, 2014
A conversation with new NPR president Jarl Mohn
NPR’s new president Jarl Mohn visited Michigan Radio this week. He joined us on the show.
Before NPR, Mohn managed MTV, VH1, E! Entertainment Television and several other media outlets.
Mohn said public radio had done a great job building an audience, but he is hoping to turn that into a solid business model.
Mohn worked as a radio disc jockey during the first 19 years of his career. He said his previous work with a public radio station rekindled his love for radio.
“This is the only thing on the planet that I would have gone back to work for,” Mohn said.
* Listen to our conversation with Jarl Mohn above.