Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri May 13, 2011
A conversation with Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer (audio)
Yesterday the state Senate passed a comprehensive tax overhaul bill. It went to the House where it was approved and it’s now headed to Governor Rick Snyder’s desk for his signature.
The tax overhaul includes the elimination of the Michigan Business Tax, in favor of a corporate profits tax. It also eliminates a host of tax breaks, including the income tax exemption for pensions.
Seven Republicans joined the twelve Democrats in the Senate in voting against the proposal. Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer is opposed to the tax restructuring
Michigan Radio's Jennifer White spoke with Whitmer. Here's the interview.