Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri May 13, 2011
A conversation with Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer (audio)
Yesterday the state Senate passed a comprehensive tax overhaul bill. It went to the House where it was approved and it’s now headed to Governor Rick Snyder’s desk for his signature.
The tax overhaul includes the elimination of the Michigan Business Tax, in favor of a corporate profits tax. It also eliminates a host of tax breaks, including the income tax exemption for pensions.
Seven Republicans joined the twelve Democrats in the Senate in voting against the proposal. Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer is opposed to the tax restructuring
Michigan Radio's Jennifer White spoke with Whitmer. Here's the interview.