Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Tue March 5, 2013
A conversation with singer-songwriter Khalid Hanifi
Khalid Hanifi is a singer-songwriter who brings an unusual perspective to the songs and lyrics that he writes.
He's based in Ann Arbor, but as the son of an Afghan man who came from Kabul to the United States in 1956, Khalid has a foot in both worlds, and that informs his writing, from songs to his blog on the Huffington Post.
His latest CD is "A Brief Respite From Shooting Fish In A Barrel."
To hear the full interview, listen to the link above.