Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue March 5, 2013
A conversation with singer-songwriter Khalid Hanifi
Khalid Hanifi is a singer-songwriter who brings an unusual perspective to the songs and lyrics that he writes.
He's based in Ann Arbor, but as the son of an Afghan man who came from Kabul to the United States in 1956, Khalid has a foot in both worlds, and that informs his writing, from songs to his blog on the Huffington Post.
His latest CD is "A Brief Respite From Shooting Fish In A Barrel."
To hear the full interview, listen to the link above.