Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Jobs at Michigan Radio
Mon February 3, 2014
Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive
How To Apply
Submit a letter explaining your interest in working for Michigan Radio and how your skills are aligned to this position along with your resume to the University of Michigan employment site. Go to www.umjobs.org and click on Job Search. Search for Job ID#92077.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Kathy Agosta at 734-764-9210
Michigan Radio is seeking a motivated and persuasive Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive with a winning attitude to join our public radio sales team.
Working as an account executive in public broadcasting is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. An account executive is expected to make cold-calls to decision makers at local and regional businesses to solicit and manage corporate account relationships for Michigan Radio.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding and appreciation for public radio and have the ability to pursue business owners, key senior decision makers and advertising agencies to support Michigan Radio through corporate sponsorships.
Annual Salary plus Commission Plan
- Understanding and personal appreciation of Michigan Radio and its value
- Proven track record of successful sales with strong understanding of sales cycles and effective selling practices
- Strong analytical fact-based business planning and decision making skills
- Effectively targeted and self-confident cold calling skills
- Persuasive winning attitude with strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and aggressively goal and results oriented with focus on both personal and team success
- Exceptional customer service management
- Tech savvy and tech efficient with experience in MS Office Suite required along with the aptitude to master other software programs as needed
- Highly effective time management skills with ability to juggle multiple prospects and clients with timely and appropriate follow through
- Must be able to accept direction and work in a team, and also be able to function independently
- Ability to thrive in a deadline focused environment
- Minimum 2 year sales experience with successful track record for meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Experience in dealing directly with businesses owners and upper management levels of companies. Proven track record of successful sales working with key decision makers
Media sales experience is desired, however if you have strong background selling intangibles such as insurance, job placement, or pharmaceutical sales we would also like to hear from you.
UM EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.