Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
Jobs at Michigan Radio
Wed September 11, 2013
Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive
Michigan Radio is seeking a determined and persuasive Corporate Sponsorship Account Executive to join our public radio sales team to solicit and manage corporate account relationships for Michigan Radio.
Daily life for an account executive in public broadcasting is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media.
An account executive is expected to make cold-calls to decision makers at local and regional businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding and appreciation for public radio and the ability to pursue business owners, key senior decision makers and advertising agencies to support Michigan Radio through corporate sponsorships.
Annual salary $30,000 plus commissions on all sales.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 2 year sales experience in a business to business selling category, with successful track record for meeting and exceeding sales goals. Advertising sales experience is a plus;
- Experience in dealing directly with businesses owners and upper management levels of companies. Proven track record of successful sales working with key decision makers;
- Knowledge and appreciation of Michigan Radio.
- Strong communication skills that include excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- High proficiency in mobile networking and computer software applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook along with the aptitude to master other software programs as required;
- Excellent analytical and business planning skills. Highly organized, able to manage multiple prospects and clients, with timely and appropriate follow through, working both independently and within a team;
- Energetic and positive. Aggressively goal oriented and highly self-motivated. Must be able to take direction, work in a team as well as function independently;
Minimum requirements: First-hand knowledge and appreciate of public broadcast programming is required. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, be persuasive and possess the ability to manage and prioritize time effectively. Must be goal oriented. Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Experience in media sales, advertising, or other intangible business services is most desirable.
How To Apply:
Submit a letter explaining your interest in working for Michigan Radio and how your skills are aligned to this position, along with your resume, to University of Michigan employment site. Go to http://www.umjobs.org and click on Job Search. Search for Job ID #87072
No phone calls, emailed or faxed resumes will be accepted.