Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Fri March 23, 2012
Couch, garbage fires reported after MSU's loss
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Some couch and garbage fires were reported near Michigan State University after its men's basketball team lost to Louisville in the West Regional semifinals.
Authorities say a crowd in the hundreds that gathered Thursday night at the Cedar Village apartment complex near the East Lansing campus was mostly peaceful after the Cardinals beat the Spartans 57-44 in Phoenix.
The area has been the site of past disturbances following Michigan State sports events.
No injuries were reported. Police say one arrest related to a fire was reported. The crowd thinned by late Thursday.