Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu November 14, 2013
Could a private fund save both the DIA and public pensions?
If anything’s clear coming from Detroit’s bankruptcy case it is this: the city needs new solutions.
Daniel Howes, Detroit News business columnist, wrote his column today on a proposal from Chief U.S. District Judge Gerald Rosen. Rosen is proposing a new private fund that could have a major impact on the future of the Detroit Institute of Arts, the city’s retired workers and bankruptcy proceedings.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government