Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Thu August 16, 2012
Couple ends bid to swim across Lake Michigan
Jeff and Sara Tow had to cut their swim across Lake Michigan short. The couple was publicizing the swim to raise awareness about postpartum depression. Strong currents in the lake and exhaustion were to blame.
From the Associated Press:
Family spokesman Ryan Reed says in an e-mail to the Associated Press that Sara and Jeff Tow were declared medically unable to continue the swim Wednesday. He says they were brought by boat to Ludington and taken to a hospital for evaluation.
The Grand Rapids-area couple got under way Tuesday morning from Two Rivers, Wis. They had planned to swim to the Big Point Sable Lighthouse at west Michigan's Ludington State Park.
Reed says strong currents slowed their progress.
Michigan Radio's Christina Shockley spoke with the couple prior to their attempt for our Seeking Change segment.