Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu July 11, 2013
Creditors are not buying Orr's 'deadbeat defense' for Detroit
It’s Thursday, which means it’s time for our weekly check-in with Daniel Howes, Columnist at the Detroit News.
Today he took a look at Kevyn Orr and the meetings he had this week with Detroit’s creditors and bond holders. As he wrote in his column:
As Orr’s week of meeting with creditors and pension funds unspools and Detroit slouches closer to a history chapter nine bankruptcy filing, the gulf separating the financial imperatives of the city’s creditors and political realities of its predicament is unmistakable and probably unbridgeable.
Daniel Howes joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government