Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Fri August 23, 2013
Crim Festival of Races begins this evening in Flint
Thousands of runners will take to the streets of Flint tonight and tomorrow.
Started in the late 1970’s, the Crim has grown into the fifth largest 10-mile road race in the country.
Andrew Younger is the race director for the Crim Fitness Festival of Races. He says they’ve made some changes to the course this year to avoid conflicts with traffic flowing into and out of downtown Flint.
“The first two miles are different this year…and the reasons are we really want to improve the experience for all runners,” says Younger.
Around 15 thousand runners are expected to take part.