Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Families & Community
Thu August 28, 2014
Curious about Detroit's transformation? September is a good time to dive in
These are the kind of ideas Urban Innovation Exchange hopes to explore at its first national convention Sept. 24-26 in Detroit.
So, what can you expect from Urban Innovation Exchange? Here’s more from their website:
UIX is an opportunity for all people who believe in the potential of cities and the power of small-scale change to come together and trade ideas for the future.
Over the course of three days, participants will convene for meaningful exchanges on three subject areas: The Art of Place, The Future of Food, and The Maker Movement. Morning forums will showcase innovative projects and dialogue between them; afternoon site visits will take guests inside local spaces and places in Detroit.
The event is free and open to the public. You can register in advance here.
Model D produced this video on the upcoming event:
– Michelle Haun, Michigan Radio Newsroom