Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue July 23, 2013
The Daily Show takes on the Detroit bankruptcy, mostly makes fun of the media
Yesterday, The Daily Show’s John Oliver did a short feature on Detroit and the city’s bankruptcy.
In a bit entitled "Chapter 9 Mile," Oliver takes a humorous look at the slow emergency response in the city and his lack of surprise that the Emergency Manager, Kevyn Orr (a bankruptcy lawyer) declares bankruptcy.
But jabs at the media make for the greatest laughs. Oliver points out the abundance of bad puns about the bankruptcy and the amount of reporting on Detroit that actually takes place in Chicago.
Rest assured, here at Michigan Radio, our reports are coming directly from the city and we’ve done our best to keep the bad puns to a minimum.
-Julia Field, Michigan Radio Newsroom