Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
Thu March 20, 2014
Daniel Howes on the General Motors recall crisis
It was announced yesterday that Toyota has agreed to pay $1.2 billion to settle with the U.S. Justice Department over a delayed recall of millions of vehicles.
The Justice Department is also investigating General Motors for delaying a recall of more than 1.5 million cars. The cars have defective ignition switches that can turn the car off at high speeds.
There's also news that GM executives are being summoned to D.C. to face Congressional inquiries.
Daniel Howes, business columnist at the Detroit News, joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.