Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Wed September 18, 2013
Demand for more pre-school spots outstrips supply
Some 16,000 four-year-olds across Michigan might not have been able to find spots in a high-quality pre-school program if it weren’t for a major expansion, paid for by taxpayers.
Those 16,000 seats got filled in a matter of weeks – and there are thousands more kids whose parents wanted to get in, but couldn’t.