Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed September 18, 2013
Demand for more preschool spots outstrips supply
Some 16,000 four-year-olds across Michigan might not have been able to find spots in a high-quality preschool program if it weren’t for a major expansion, paid for by taxpayers.
Those 16,000 seats got filled in a matter of weeks – and there are thousands more kids whose parents wanted to get in, but couldn’t.