Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Wed September 18, 2013
Demand for more preschool spots outstrips supply
Some 16,000 four-year-olds across Michigan might not have been able to find spots in a high-quality preschool program if it weren’t for a major expansion, paid for by taxpayers.
Those 16,000 seats got filled in a matter of weeks – and there are thousands more kids whose parents wanted to get in, but couldn’t.