Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Tue October 26, 2010
Dematic North America to create 500 new jobs in Grand Rapids
A Grand Rapids company is planning a major expansion. Michigan's Economic Development Corporation approved tax incentives for the company Tuesday.
Dematic North America designs and manufactures automated systems for all kinds of industries. It's investing roughly $11 million dollars in new equipment and technology - and creating more than 500 new jobs in the next 5 years. Around 74 will be created in the first year. The jobs include engineers, sales, research and development, production and adminstration. The company estimates the average pay is about $872 per week.
Michigan's Economic Development Corporation approved the tax incentives Tuesday in exchange for the company investing in the state. The tax breaks amount to just under $1 million.