Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue October 26, 2010
Dematic North America to create 500 new jobs in Grand Rapids
A Grand Rapids company is planning a major expansion. Michigan's Economic Development Corporation approved tax incentives for the company Tuesday.
Dematic North America designs and manufactures automated systems for all kinds of industries. It's investing roughly $11 million dollars in new equipment and technology - and creating more than 500 new jobs in the next 5 years. Around 74 will be created in the first year. The jobs include engineers, sales, research and development, production and adminstration. The company estimates the average pay is about $872 per week.
Michigan's Economic Development Corporation approved the tax incentives Tuesday in exchange for the company investing in the state. The tax breaks amount to just under $1 million.