Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Thu June 12, 2014
Dennis Williams is UAW's new president
Dennis Williams is the new president of the United Auto Workers Union, and members appear to be very optimistic about the leadership.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes told Stateside that the union views Williams as somebody who can be an innovative bargainer and bring a new perspective.
Howes in his column today said that Dennis Williams has his work cut out for him to correct the mistakes of his predecessor, Bob King.
Williams is the first UAW president who never headed one of union’s main three departments: Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler. He is also the first who has never worked in an auto plant.
*Listen to full interview above.