Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu July 14, 2011
Desmond Howard to be inducted into College Football Hall of Fame
Former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
Howard won the Heisman Trophy in 1991, his last year at Michigan.
Howard says he owes much to then-Wolverine Coach Gary Moeller and his teammates.
"The way I look at this now, is I’m adding another Michigan football player to the College Football Hall of Fame, " says Howard. "And I just hope my teammates, they understand, that this is something we accomplished together."
After Michigan, Howard went on to a pro-football career.
He played for five teams, including the Detroit Lions.
Howard is now a college football analyst for sports cable channel E-S-P-N.