OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Thu July 14, 2011
Desmond Howard to be inducted into College Football Hall of Fame
Former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
Howard won the Heisman Trophy in 1991, his last year at Michigan.
Howard says he owes much to then-Wolverine Coach Gary Moeller and his teammates.
"The way I look at this now, is I’m adding another Michigan football player to the College Football Hall of Fame, " says Howard. "And I just hope my teammates, they understand, that this is something we accomplished together."
After Michigan, Howard went on to a pro-football career.
He played for five teams, including the Detroit Lions.
Howard is now a college football analyst for sports cable channel E-S-P-N.