Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu July 14, 2011
Desmond Howard to be inducted into College Football Hall of Fame
Former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
Howard won the Heisman Trophy in 1991, his last year at Michigan.
Howard says he owes much to then-Wolverine Coach Gary Moeller and his teammates.
"The way I look at this now, is I’m adding another Michigan football player to the College Football Hall of Fame, " says Howard. "And I just hope my teammates, they understand, that this is something we accomplished together."
After Michigan, Howard went on to a pro-football career.
He played for five teams, including the Detroit Lions.
Howard is now a college football analyst for sports cable channel E-S-P-N.