Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Sat June 9, 2012
Detroit Bus Co. officially up and running
Downtown Detroit gets a new transportation option this weekend with the official launch of the Detroit Bus Company - a privately owned service launched by 25-year-old entrepreneur Andy Didorosi.
For $5, you get an all-day pass to ride. Right now, Didorosi is offering customers service on a 13-stop downtown loop.
"And then after that's successful and has a good ridership we plan to add our Royal Oak-Ferndale-Hamtramck-Detroit loop very quickly, because we have a lot of demand for that one," Didorosi said.
The Detroit Bus Company will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and during Detroit Tigers home games.
Didorosi says he hopes to someday be put out of business by reliable public transit.