Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
Sat June 9, 2012
Detroit Bus Co. officially up and running
Downtown Detroit gets a new transportation option this weekend with the official launch of the Detroit Bus Company - a privately owned service launched by 25-year-old entrepreneur Andy Didorosi.
For $5, you get an all-day pass to ride. Right now, Didorosi is offering customers service on a 13-stop downtown loop.
"And then after that's successful and has a good ridership we plan to add our Royal Oak-Ferndale-Hamtramck-Detroit loop very quickly, because we have a lot of demand for that one," Didorosi said.
The Detroit Bus Company will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and during Detroit Tigers home games.
Didorosi says he hopes to someday be put out of business by reliable public transit.