Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue December 3, 2013
Detroit can file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Now what?
Today, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes ruled that Detroit is eligible to enter Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, and to cut the pensions of city retirees.
What does it mean for residents? Current city employees? City pensioners?
Eric Scorsone, a municipal finance expert from Michigan State University, talks to us about what lies ahead after today’s ruling.
Listen to full interview above.
Politics & Government