Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue December 3, 2013
Detroit can file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Now what?
Today, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes ruled that Detroit is eligible to enter Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, and to cut the pensions of city retirees.
What does it mean for residents? Current city employees? City pensioners?
Eric Scorsone, a municipal finance expert from Michigan State University, talks to us about what lies ahead after today’s ruling.
Listen to full interview above.
Politics & Government