Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue December 3, 2013
Detroit can file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Now what?
Today, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes ruled that Detroit is eligible to enter Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, and to cut the pensions of city retirees.
What does it mean for residents? Current city employees? City pensioners?
Eric Scorsone, a municipal finance expert from Michigan State University, talks to us about what lies ahead after today’s ruling.
Listen to full interview above.
Politics & Government