Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Thu June 6, 2013
Detroit faces a 'Day of Reckoning'
It's Thursday, which means it’s time for our weekly check-in with Detroit News Business Columnist Daniel Howes.
This week, it seems the topic is the fact that the proverbial "Day of Reckoning" is at hand when it comes to the City of Detroit. Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr is trying to work out settlements with the city's creditors, and the treasures at the Detroit Institute of Arts could be at risk.
He joined us in the studio today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.
Arts & Culture