Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue March 1, 2011
Detroit to host "Rust Belt to Artist Belt" conference in April
Creative types from across the country will convene in Detroit next month to talk about how artists can help revitalize post-industrial cities.
He says the conference will focus on the creative supply chain many post-industrial cities like Detroit have to offer:
"We have an ability to transform the way we think of the role of art and design and mass production. Art and Design can really lead technological and manufacturing trends."
The conference will be held April 6-7, 2011. You can find a list of scheduled speakers here.
This is the third Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference. The first two were held in Cleveland.