Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
Tue March 1, 2011
Detroit to host "Rust Belt to Artist Belt" conference in April
Creative types from across the country will convene in Detroit next month to talk about how artists can help revitalize post-industrial cities.
He says the conference will focus on the creative supply chain many post-industrial cities like Detroit have to offer:
"We have an ability to transform the way we think of the role of art and design and mass production. Art and Design can really lead technological and manufacturing trends."
The conference will be held April 6-7, 2011. You can find a list of scheduled speakers here.
This is the third Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference. The first two were held in Cleveland.