Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue March 1, 2011
Detroit to host "Rust Belt to Artist Belt" conference in April
Creative types from across the country will convene in Detroit next month to talk about how artists can help revitalize post-industrial cities.
He says the conference will focus on the creative supply chain many post-industrial cities like Detroit have to offer:
"We have an ability to transform the way we think of the role of art and design and mass production. Art and Design can really lead technological and manufacturing trends."
The conference will be held April 6-7, 2011. You can find a list of scheduled speakers here.
This is the third Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference. The first two were held in Cleveland.