Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon January 24, 2011
Detroit Police Chief: We've ID'ed precinct gunman
Detroit Police have identified 38-year-old Lamar Moore as the man who wounded four officers with a shotgun at a northwest Detroit precinct Sunday.
Officers returned fire, killing Moore. The four wounded officers survived and are doing well.
Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee says police know one of Moore’s relatives is set to be sentenced for a double homicide, and was also a suspect in another crime.
But Godbee says it’s still too early to speculate about a motive.
“To get into this individual’s mind…I wouldn’t venture to do that. Suffice it to say we still have a lot of investigative work to do.”
Godbee says the department will immediately put metal detectors and other “interim security measures” in precincts.
He says the department will also mount a comprehensive investigation into new security protocols in the wake of the shooting.