Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue June 10, 2014
Detroit Public Schools system is auctioning off jets
If owning a jet is something you've always dreamed of, the Detroit Public School system is auctioning off a couple of them.
An online auction being held today by Biddergy.com gives you the chance to bid on a T-39A North American Sabreliner mid-sized business jet. The U.S. Air Force had donated the plane to the school's aeropsace program. Biddergy says it's in fairly rough shape, which is why the starting bid was $500.
There's also a 1969 American AA –minus its wings. Starting bid is just $50.
Another auction on June 19 will include vintage items from aircraft engines to propellers and more, dating all the way back to World War II.
Biddergy is helping the DPS sell off stuff it just doesn't need anymore. So far, the auctions have brought more than $370,000 to the district.