Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon November 21, 2011
Detroit schools emergency boss reports on finances
Roy Roberts has called a news conference for 11 a.m. to announce a six-month update and revised budget deficit projections.
In September, the district was facing a $327 million budget deficit. Its finances have been under state control since 2009.
Enrollment is about 66,000, down from 104,000 in 2007.
Detroit's schools have lost millions of dollars in state per-pupil funding as thousands of parents fled the district for city charters or suburban schools.
Detroit Public Schools