Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- New polls suggest we may have the closest governor’s race in 30 years
Fri June 3, 2011
Detroit Symphony extends CEO's contract
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra will keep its executive director for the next few years. The DSO announced this afternoon that its Board of Directors renewed CEO Ann Parsons’ contract through 2014.
Parsons led the Detroit Symphony through the recent dispute with its unions that shutdown the DSO for much of the past year. The six month strike came to an end after musicians agreed to a 25% cut in pay.
In hopes of luring back its fans, the DSO is cutting ticket prices for the upcoming symphony season.