Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
Sat April 26, 2014
Detroit-Windsor Tunnel shutting down Sunday for drills
DETROIT (AP) - The tunnel linking Detroit and Canada will close on Sunday so police can hold drills.
According to MLive.com, the Detroit-Windsor tunnel will be shut down for three hours in the morning.
The Detroit Department of Homeland Security calls it an "annual tunnel exercise."
Thousands of vehicles cross between Detroit and Windsor via the tunnel each day.
The next two nearest Canadian border crossings are the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.