Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Sat April 26, 2014
Detroit-Windsor Tunnel shutting down Sunday for drills
DETROIT (AP) - The tunnel linking Detroit and Canada will close on Sunday so police can hold drills.
According to MLive.com, the Detroit-Windsor tunnel will be shut down for three hours in the morning.
The Detroit Department of Homeland Security calls it an "annual tunnel exercise."
Thousands of vehicles cross between Detroit and Windsor via the tunnel each day.
The next two nearest Canadian border crossings are the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.