Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Sat April 26, 2014
Detroit-Windsor Tunnel shutting down Sunday for drills
DETROIT (AP) - The tunnel linking Detroit and Canada will close on Sunday so police can hold drills.
According to MLive.com, the Detroit-Windsor tunnel will be shut down for three hours in the morning.
The Detroit Department of Homeland Security calls it an "annual tunnel exercise."
Thousands of vehicles cross between Detroit and Windsor via the tunnel each day.
The next two nearest Canadian border crossings are the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.