Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Sat April 26, 2014
Detroit-Windsor Tunnel shutting down Sunday for drills
DETROIT (AP) - The tunnel linking Detroit and Canada will close on Sunday so police can hold drills.
According to MLive.com, the Detroit-Windsor tunnel will be shut down for three hours in the morning.
The Detroit Department of Homeland Security calls it an "annual tunnel exercise."
Thousands of vehicles cross between Detroit and Windsor via the tunnel each day.
The next two nearest Canadian border crossings are the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.