Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat April 26, 2014
Detroit-Windsor Tunnel shutting down Sunday for drills
DETROIT (AP) - The tunnel linking Detroit and Canada will close on Sunday so police can hold drills.
According to MLive.com, the Detroit-Windsor tunnel will be shut down for three hours in the morning.
The Detroit Department of Homeland Security calls it an "annual tunnel exercise."
Thousands of vehicles cross between Detroit and Windsor via the tunnel each day.
The next two nearest Canadian border crossings are the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit and the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.