Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Arts & Culture
Fri June 22, 2012
Detroit Zoo gets 4 crocodiles from Zoo Miami
The Detroit Zoo has some new residents: four crocodiles.
The zoo located in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak says the four African slender-snouted crocodiles - two pairs of 21-year-old brothers - are from Zoo Miami.
They'll be on display for the Detroit Zoological Society's annual Sunset at the Zoo fundraiser tonight. Their new home is the Detroit Zoo's former hippo habitat.
The new crocodiles are about 5 feet long and weigh around 30 pounds. They can grow up to 13 feet and weigh as much as 500 pounds.