Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Arts & Culture
Fri June 22, 2012
Detroit Zoo gets 4 crocodiles from Zoo Miami
The Detroit Zoo has some new residents: four crocodiles.
The zoo located in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak says the four African slender-snouted crocodiles - two pairs of 21-year-old brothers - are from Zoo Miami.
They'll be on display for the Detroit Zoological Society's annual Sunset at the Zoo fundraiser tonight. Their new home is the Detroit Zoo's former hippo habitat.
The new crocodiles are about 5 feet long and weigh around 30 pounds. They can grow up to 13 feet and weigh as much as 500 pounds.