Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed November 13, 2013
Detroit's Max Scherzer wins the AL Cy Young award
The award honors the best pitcher in Major League Baseball this year. Scherzer led the major leagues with 21 victories this season.
Scherzer gave credit to his Detroit Tigers teammates.
“This is an award celebrated with them as well because they played the great defense, they provided all the run support and they helped get me to this point,” says Scherzer.
Scherzer drew 28 of the 30 first-place votes in balloting by members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.