Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed November 13, 2013
Detroit's Max Scherzer wins the AL Cy Young award
The award honors the best pitcher in Major League Baseball this year. Scherzer led the major leagues with 21 victories this season.
Scherzer gave credit to his Detroit Tigers teammates.
“This is an award celebrated with them as well because they played the great defense, they provided all the run support and they helped get me to this point,” says Scherzer.
Scherzer drew 28 of the 30 first-place votes in balloting by members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.