Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Fri April 5, 2013
Detroit's mayor rooting AGAINST Michigan in Final Four matchup Saturday
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing will be at Saturday night’s Michigan-Syracuse basketball game in Atlanta.
He will be rooting against the Wolverines.
Dave Bing is a Syracuse graduate. In fact he played on the same basketball team as current Orange coach Jim Boeheim.
“At the beginning of March Madness, I thought Louisville was the best team. But both Michigan and Syracuse have played much better than I anticipated. They deserve to be there,” Mayor Bing said in a written statement, “If Syracuse wins, it’s not going to be an easy win for them.”
Bing has a made a bet on the game with Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr, who is a U of M grad.
The loser will have to buy dinner for the winner at a restaurant in Detroit.
Bing plans to fly back to Detroit after Saturday’s game. But if his alma mater wins, Detroit’s mayor plans to fly back to Atlanta to root for Syracuse in Monday’s championship game.