Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Fri April 5, 2013
Detroit's mayor rooting AGAINST Michigan in Final Four matchup Saturday
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing will be at Saturday night’s Michigan-Syracuse basketball game in Atlanta.
He will be rooting against the Wolverines.
Dave Bing is a Syracuse graduate. In fact he played on the same basketball team as current Orange coach Jim Boeheim.
“At the beginning of March Madness, I thought Louisville was the best team. But both Michigan and Syracuse have played much better than I anticipated. They deserve to be there,” Mayor Bing said in a written statement, “If Syracuse wins, it’s not going to be an easy win for them.”
Bing has a made a bet on the game with Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr, who is a U of M grad.
The loser will have to buy dinner for the winner at a restaurant in Detroit.
Bing plans to fly back to Detroit after Saturday’s game. But if his alma mater wins, Detroit’s mayor plans to fly back to Atlanta to root for Syracuse in Monday’s championship game.