Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
Fri April 5, 2013
Detroit's mayor rooting AGAINST Michigan in Final Four matchup Saturday
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing will be at Saturday night’s Michigan-Syracuse basketball game in Atlanta.
He will be rooting against the Wolverines.
Dave Bing is a Syracuse graduate. In fact he played on the same basketball team as current Orange coach Jim Boeheim.
“At the beginning of March Madness, I thought Louisville was the best team. But both Michigan and Syracuse have played much better than I anticipated. They deserve to be there,” Mayor Bing said in a written statement, “If Syracuse wins, it’s not going to be an easy win for them.”
Bing has a made a bet on the game with Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr, who is a U of M grad.
The loser will have to buy dinner for the winner at a restaurant in Detroit.
Bing plans to fly back to Detroit after Saturday’s game. But if his alma mater wins, Detroit’s mayor plans to fly back to Atlanta to root for Syracuse in Monday’s championship game.