Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu November 14, 2013
Detroit's Miguel Cabrera wins the American League MVP award
Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has won the American League Most Valuable Player award for the second straight year.
Cabrera led the majors in hitting this year, winning his third A-L batting title in a row. That's despite the fact he had to play with a nagging injury during the final two months of the season.
Cabrera won by a comfortable margin Thursday, getting 23 of 30 first-place votes from members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.