Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Thu November 14, 2013
Detroit's Miguel Cabrera wins the American League MVP award
Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has won the American League Most Valuable Player award for the second straight year.
Cabrera led the majors in hitting this year, winning his third A-L batting title in a row. That's despite the fact he had to play with a nagging injury during the final two months of the season.
Cabrera won by a comfortable margin Thursday, getting 23 of 30 first-place votes from members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.