Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu November 14, 2013
Detroit's Miguel Cabrera wins the American League MVP award
Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has won the American League Most Valuable Player award for the second straight year.
Cabrera led the majors in hitting this year, winning his third A-L batting title in a row. That's despite the fact he had to play with a nagging injury during the final two months of the season.
Cabrera won by a comfortable margin Thursday, getting 23 of 30 first-place votes from members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America.