Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon July 8, 2013
Detroit's three casinos are showing a decline in revenue
As revenue shrank and budget holes grew, the City of Detroit has turned to its three casinos for badly needed tax revenue, as well as jobs.
And at a time when an emergency manager is running the show, and bankruptcy is looming, it is not great news to hear that all three Detroit casinos posted a decline in revenue from May 2012 to May 2013.
Jake Miklojcik is the President of Michigan Consultants. He's an economic analyst, and he joined us today to talk about what’s causing the revenue drop and what can be done about it.
Listen to the full interview above.