Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Arts & Culture
Fri February 8, 2013
Detroit's 'Winter Blast' blasts off this weekend
The Motown Winter Blast is back this weekend in downtown Detroit.
The festival first began as part of the 2005 Super Bowl festivities.
This year organizers have three music stages with more than 50 entertainment acts.
(You can see a list of scheduled performers are here.)
To get in organizers are "charging" either one canned food item, a children’s book or $1 per person per day.
When can you go?
Friday February 8th, 11am-11pm
Saturday February 9th, 11am-11pm
Sunday February 10th, 11am-9pm
What can you do?
- Ice skating at Campus Martius Park
- Dogsled performances on Friday and Saturday
- Performances from the Detroit Skating Club Friday night and Saturday afternoon
- Interactive hockey games sponsored by the Detroit Red Wings
- Ice sculptures will be on display with on-site ice carving demonstrations on Friday
- There's kids stage with a magicians, jugglers and comedians
- And free snowshoes will be available in a variety of sizes for children and adults
Click here for a map of the event.
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom