Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sun June 10, 2012
DeWitt teen wins second straight national gymnastics title
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Jordyn Wieber's winning streak is still going after she claimed her second straight title at the U.S. gymnastics championships Sunday.
The reigning world champion was at her steady best, holding off Gabby Douglas and letting everyone know she's still the one to beat - in the United States and next month in London. She finished with 121.900 points, 0.2 points ahead of Douglas. Aly Raisman was third.
Wieber has won all but one all-around competition since the start of the 2008 season.
Next up: the Olympic trials June 28 to July 1 in San Jose, Calif. Only the winner of trials is guaranteed a trip to London, with a selection committee picking the remaining four members.