Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue May 28, 2013
Diane Hathaway sentenced to one year and a day in prison
Former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway was sentenced for bank fraud in federal court today in Ann Arbor.
Hathaway was forced to resign in January, halfway through her eight-year term on the state Supreme Court.
She resigned before pleading guilty to a scheme to cheat a bank by hiding assets including a vacation home in Florida.
That helped her qualify as a distressed homeowner, so she could then sell a lakefront home in Grosse Pointe Park as a short-sale.
Rick Pluta, Lansing Bureau Chief for the Michigan Public Radio Network, has been covering this story for us, and he joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government