Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue August 23, 2011
Did the earth move for you too?
People all across Michigan say they felt today’s earthquake in Virginia . Perhaps the most common question today in Michigan was "Did you feel that?"
Within minutes of the 5 .9 tremor in Virginia, social media started buzzing. Michigan Radio’s listeners chimed in quickly.
People from Dearborn and Ann Arbor to Bay City and Grand Rapids reported feeling the odd swaying motion. Even in the eastern Upper Peninsula, Michigan Radio listeners say they felt the earthquake’s shake. Many also said the Virginia quake did not compare with last summer’s tremor centered near Ottawa.
Here’s a sample of some the Facebook comments from our listeners to today’s earthquake:
Catherine I felt it in the Medical School here in Ann Arbor
Brittany Felt it strongly in battle creek, I grew up in California though, so it was strange to feel that feeling here
Stacey I know my cat felt it... she has been acting strange since it happened...
Shannon holy cow that was weird