Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue March 20, 2012
Do business with Iran? One lawmaker says you shouldn't do business with the state of Michigan
A state House committee takes up legislation tomorrow to prevent companies with ties to Iran from doing business with the state of Michigan.
Republican lawmaker Marty Knollenberg admits he doesn’t know of any Michigan businesses working with Iran. But he says it sends an important message.
“This brings attention to the problems of Iran," says Knollenberg, " They are a threat. They are a rogue nation. We need to put this issue on the forefront.”
Knollenberg says state and federal sanctions may help prevent the Iranian government from developing nuclear weapons.