Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue March 20, 2012
Do business with Iran? One lawmaker says you shouldn't do business with the state of Michigan
A state House committee takes up legislation tomorrow to prevent companies with ties to Iran from doing business with the state of Michigan.
Republican lawmaker Marty Knollenberg admits he doesn’t know of any Michigan businesses working with Iran. But he says it sends an important message.
“This brings attention to the problems of Iran," says Knollenberg, " They are a threat. They are a rogue nation. We need to put this issue on the forefront.”
Knollenberg says state and federal sanctions may help prevent the Iranian government from developing nuclear weapons.