TransportationMany Michigan voters to decide whether to raise taxes to fix their community’s roads
Politics & GovernmentGOP establishment backs challenger in the 3rd district, but voters don’t seem to care
Politics & GovernmentThose who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Sat October 29, 2011
Doctors warn against misusing contact lenses this Halloween
Michigan optometrists say be careful if you plan on wearing decorative contact lenses as part of your costume this Halloween.
The cat’s eye and other eerie looking contact lenses have grown in popularity in recent years.
Matt Maki is the president of the Michigan Optometric Association. He said if worn inappropriately decorative contact lenses could seriously damage a person’s eyes.
“Assuming they fit appropriately …worn appropriately….handled appropriately by the patient they’re fine. I have personally fit these for patients. Like I said, as long as it’s done appropriately there’s not an issue," said Maki.
Maki urged people planning on wearing decorative contact lenses this Halloween should learn how to properly clean and disinfect them.