Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Sat October 29, 2011
Doctors warn against misusing contact lenses this Halloween
Michigan optometrists say be careful if you plan on wearing decorative contact lenses as part of your costume this Halloween.
The cat’s eye and other eerie looking contact lenses have grown in popularity in recent years.
Matt Maki is the president of the Michigan Optometric Association. He said if worn inappropriately decorative contact lenses could seriously damage a person’s eyes.
“Assuming they fit appropriately …worn appropriately….handled appropriately by the patient they’re fine. I have personally fit these for patients. Like I said, as long as it’s done appropriately there’s not an issue," said Maki.
Maki urged people planning on wearing decorative contact lenses this Halloween should learn how to properly clean and disinfect them.