Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Chevy kicks off Dream Cruise
Thu August 18, 2011
Dream Cruise underway - with Chevy leading the way
Chevrolet kicked off the Dream Cruise with a parade of classic Chevys and fifty Chevy Volts down Woodward Avenue.
It’s the first Dream Cruise for GM CEO Dan Akerson.
Akerson has been CEO of General Motors since September of last year.
Akerson says the passion people show for classic cars is no surprise.
"GM has been part of Detroit, Detroit’s been a major player globally in automotive, and the Dream Cruise is a celebration of the industry and the success and the rebirth of Detroit," Akerson said at an pre-parade celebration.
The big event is on Saturday, when thousands of classic cars parade up and down Woodward through metro Detroit.