Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon January 20, 2014
The economic impact of Michigan's music scene
From Motown to Madonna, techno to gospel, jazz and blues, from Eminem to Kid Rock to Aretha, and much more, the Detroit area has been, and continues to be, a music powerhouse.
In fact, at least 38 Grammy Award winners and nominees from the past five years have a Detroit connection.
A recent study from the Anderson Economic Group takes a deep dive into the business of the Detroit-area music scene.
Alex Rosaen, the principal author of the study for the Anderson Economic Group, joined us today.