Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon January 20, 2014
The economic impact of Michigan's music scene
From Motown to Madonna, techno to gospel, jazz and blues, from Eminem to Kid Rock to Aretha, and much more, the Detroit area has been, and continues to be, a music powerhouse.
In fact, at least 38 Grammy Award winners and nominees from the past five years have a Detroit connection.
A recent study from the Anderson Economic Group takes a deep dive into the business of the Detroit-area music scene.
Alex Rosaen, the principal author of the study for the Anderson Economic Group, joined us today.