Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon January 20, 2014
The economic impact of Michigan's music scene
From Motown to Madonna, techno to gospel, jazz and blues, from Eminem to Kid Rock to Aretha, and much more, the Detroit area has been, and continues to be, a music powerhouse.
In fact, at least 38 Grammy Award winners and nominees from the past five years have a Detroit connection.
A recent study from the Anderson Economic Group takes a deep dive into the business of the Detroit-area music scene.
Alex Rosaen, the principal author of the study for the Anderson Economic Group, joined us today.