Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Wed September 21, 2011
EMU and part-time faculty approve contract
Eastern Michigan University's Board of Regents has approved a contract that will bring more job security and better wages to part-time faculty at Eastern Michigan University.
The regents unanimously approved the agreement on Tuesday. The contract takes effect immediately.
The Eastern Michigan University Federation of Teachers represents part-time faculty. A spokesman says union representation for part-time faculty is becoming more common throughout the state and on a national level. Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and Central Michigan University all have similar union representation for part-time faculty.