Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Wed September 21, 2011
EMU and part-time faculty approve contract
Eastern Michigan University's Board of Regents has approved a contract that will bring more job security and better wages to part-time faculty at Eastern Michigan University.
The regents unanimously approved the agreement on Tuesday. The contract takes effect immediately.
The Eastern Michigan University Federation of Teachers represents part-time faculty. A spokesman says union representation for part-time faculty is becoming more common throughout the state and on a national level. Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and Central Michigan University all have similar union representation for part-time faculty.