Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed September 21, 2011
EMU and part-time faculty approve contract
Eastern Michigan University's Board of Regents has approved a contract that will bring more job security and better wages to part-time faculty at Eastern Michigan University.
The regents unanimously approved the agreement on Tuesday. The contract takes effect immediately.
The Eastern Michigan University Federation of Teachers represents part-time faculty. A spokesman says union representation for part-time faculty is becoming more common throughout the state and on a national level. Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and Central Michigan University all have similar union representation for part-time faculty.