Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed September 21, 2011
EMU and part-time faculty approve contract
Eastern Michigan University's Board of Regents has approved a contract that will bring more job security and better wages to part-time faculty at Eastern Michigan University.
The regents unanimously approved the agreement on Tuesday. The contract takes effect immediately.
The Eastern Michigan University Federation of Teachers represents part-time faculty. A spokesman says union representation for part-time faculty is becoming more common throughout the state and on a national level. Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and Central Michigan University all have similar union representation for part-time faculty.