Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Fri May 10, 2013
EMU Board gives President two year contract extension
EMU's Board of Regents unanimously approved a two-year contract extension for the university's president, Susan Martin, at a special meeting on Friday.
Last fall, the Board reprimanded Martin for problem drinking, and told her to seek counseling or lose her job.
There was no mention of the issue during the Board meeting, in which Martin was praised for leading Eastern "during a five-year period of significant growth in enrollment, academic success, and major upgrades to campus buildings and the University's infrasture," said Board chair Francine Parker.
Martin deflected a question from a reporter about whether she had sought counseling for a drinking problem, saying it was "in the past," and she wished to focus on the future.