Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Kalamazoo River Oil Spill
Tue November 9, 2010
EPA: 50 Kalamazoo River oil spill sites clean
Officials from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency briefed people at a meeting last night in Battle Creek about the continuing clean-up of the Kalamazoo River oil spill. EPA officials say they've finished cleaning up 50 sites in the river.
Last July, an oil pipeline leaked more than 800,000 gallons of oil into the river near Marshall, MI. The pipeline, which is owned by Enbridge Energy, has since been restarted and oil is again running.
Kalamazoo Oil Spill