Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Wed May 15, 2013
Estimating the state of Michigan's proverbial bank account
Chris Gautz, the Capitol Correspondent for Crains Detroit Business, spent hours this morning at the Capitol where the state’s Revenue Estimating Conference took place.
That's where lawmakers, budget officials, and economists come together to make their best educated guess about the future of the state’s economy, and check-in, basically, on the state’s finances.
Political observers, and "political nerds" (like our Executive Producer Zoe Clark), love these meetings.
For others, however, it’s hard to get super excited about hours of numbers, finances, and "economist-speak."
Chris Gautz joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government