Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Wed May 15, 2013
Estimating the state of Michigan's proverbial bank account
Chris Gautz, the Capitol Correspondent for Crains Detroit Business, spent hours this morning at the Capitol where the state’s Revenue Estimating Conference took place.
That's where lawmakers, budget officials, and economists come together to make their best educated guess about the future of the state’s economy, and check-in, basically, on the state’s finances.
Political observers, and "political nerds" (like our Executive Producer Zoe Clark), love these meetings.
For others, however, it’s hard to get super excited about hours of numbers, finances, and "economist-speak."
Chris Gautz joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government