Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Thu March 7, 2013
'Everything Michigan' brings jobs to workers with disabilities
There's a little shop on the Main Street of Lake Orion in Oakland County that can teach the rest of the state a big lesson in how to create jobs for workers with disabilities.
The shop is called "Everything Michigan," and it's located in the North Oakland Vocational Association building.
NOVA has been around since 1992 helping disabled workers train for and find jobs around North Oakland County.
One of those workers is Barbara Bell. She has set up her "Everything Michigan" shop to sell products that are all about Michigan.
Store manager LaToi English joined us today from Lake Orion.