Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Sat January 26, 2013
Ex-Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick back in jail this weekend
DETROIT (AP) - Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is behind bars for the weekend for violating parole in a 2008 conviction that bounced him from office.
Kilpatrick reported to a Michigan Corrections Department facility in Detroit on Friday afternoon. He'll remain locked up there until Monday when he returns to federal court where he's on trial in a separate matter.
His dinner choices are baked fish or bean patty.
The Corrections Department says Kilpatrick violated parole by not disclosing all financial transactions last fall. He still owes Detroit $855,000 in restitution and must report details about his income and expenses.
Kilpatrick was convicted of obstruction of justice in 2008 in a scandal involving text messages and an affair with a top aide. He's been on trial on corruption charges since September.