Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri June 29, 2012
Facebook responses: Top three foods for life
In a recent Michigan Radio Facebook post, we asked followers:
If you could only eat three basic foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Responses filled up our wall, ranging from the responsible:
Alison- Kale, eggs, and nuts...if I had to chose one I would say almonds
...to the indulgent:
Kyle- Pizza, Donuts, and McDonalds
...to the bizarre:
Paul- Bacon, wrapped in ham, wrapped in bacon
Bacon, it turns out, was the most popular food item with 13 votes.
The CDC recommends that we fill half our plates with fruits and vegetables, and the other half with mostly grains and protein, with a serving of dairy on the side.
Empty calories should be reserved as rare treats, much to the chagrin of Facebook fans who named sugar, beer and ice cream as staple foods.
See how responders' collective answers stacked up in the chart below.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Arts & Culture