Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu February 24, 2011
February's been a tough weather month
It’s not just your imagination.
We haven’t been able to get much of a break from what’s shaping up to be a very tough January and February in Michigan, weatherwise.
"It has been a horrible winter -- lately," says George Wetzel of the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids. "I'll use Lansing as an example. The snowfall thus far this month has been 24.9 inches. That's only 18 inches less than the entire year."
And it’s not over. Wetzel says more snow is expected Thursday night– a wet, heavy snow that will be difficult to shovel.
More snow is possible over the weekend.
Wetzel also says temperatures are about 14 degrees below normal for the month of February in Michigan.