Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu February 24, 2011
February's been a tough weather month
It’s not just your imagination.
We haven’t been able to get much of a break from what’s shaping up to be a very tough January and February in Michigan, weatherwise.
"It has been a horrible winter -- lately," says George Wetzel of the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids. "I'll use Lansing as an example. The snowfall thus far this month has been 24.9 inches. That's only 18 inches less than the entire year."
And it’s not over. Wetzel says more snow is expected Thursday night– a wet, heavy snow that will be difficult to shovel.
More snow is possible over the weekend.
Wetzel also says temperatures are about 14 degrees below normal for the month of February in Michigan.