Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu February 24, 2011
February's been a tough weather month
It’s not just your imagination.
We haven’t been able to get much of a break from what’s shaping up to be a very tough January and February in Michigan, weatherwise.
"It has been a horrible winter -- lately," says George Wetzel of the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids. "I'll use Lansing as an example. The snowfall thus far this month has been 24.9 inches. That's only 18 inches less than the entire year."
And it’s not over. Wetzel says more snow is expected Thursday night– a wet, heavy snow that will be difficult to shovel.
More snow is possible over the weekend.
Wetzel also says temperatures are about 14 degrees below normal for the month of February in Michigan.