Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon January 31, 2011
Federal judge issues ruling in health care reform law challenge
A federal judge in Florida has ruled sections of the health care reform law are unconstitutional.
The judge specifically cited the 'Commerce Clause' in the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan is among 26 states that took part in the lawsuit trying to dismantle the health care law.
The Washington Post reports that the ruling will probably be appealed to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta. The legal questions will probably eventually have to be settled by the U.S. Supreme Court.