Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon January 31, 2011
Federal judge issues ruling in health care reform law challenge
A federal judge in Florida has ruled sections of the health care reform law are unconstitutional.
The judge specifically cited the 'Commerce Clause' in the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan is among 26 states that took part in the lawsuit trying to dismantle the health care law.
The Washington Post reports that the ruling will probably be appealed to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta. The legal questions will probably eventually have to be settled by the U.S. Supreme Court.