Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Mon January 31, 2011
Federal judge issues ruling in health care reform law challenge
A federal judge in Florida has ruled sections of the health care reform law are unconstitutional.
The judge specifically cited the 'Commerce Clause' in the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan is among 26 states that took part in the lawsuit trying to dismantle the health care law.
The Washington Post reports that the ruling will probably be appealed to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta. The legal questions will probably eventually have to be settled by the U.S. Supreme Court.