Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon May 14, 2012
Filing deadline nears for Michigan's U.S. Senate candidates
Tomorrow is the deadline for U-S Senate candidates in Michigan to file their petition signatures with the Secretary of State to get on the August primary ballot.
Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow is seeking reelection. A large crowd of Republican candidates is expected to be on the primary ballot.
Former west Michigan Congressman Pete Hoekstra filed his petition signatures last month.
Republican candidate Clark Durant filed his petitions today. The charter schools advocate says Michigan voters are ready to reject career politicians.
“People are tired of career politicians whether they be Republicans or Democrats,” says Durant
Durant has been actively involved with Republican politics for three decades, including previous unsuccessful runs for U.S. Senate and the Michigan Supreme Court.